Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Clinic day two

Today over 70 patients came through the clinic, I don't know how the dentists and assistants do it!! The kids were from rural areas and came in only two or three vans, with twenty plus kids in each van. There were very few adults with the kids, and only a few of the kids have a parent If you can imagine a two year old with no adult, it was very hard for me to keep composed at times. I will add a picture of my great niece Amanda from yesterday, she has great intuition and goes exactly where she is needed each minute. her specialty seems to be as a holder, holding the kids as they scream and squirm. I don't know how to describe what its like with seven dentists working on seven kids and sometimes four or more screaming at the top of their lungs. The kids pretty much all have HIV, some with malaria and some with TB.

I am tired, but continually inspired. The weather here has been nice, I was expecting tropical heat, but it's not at all. We are staying in the equivalent of a dorm and its very comfortable. I am rooming with my niece Julie.

The little girl with in the picture with Amanda came in yesterday, she was looking specifically for Amanda and was wearing shorts that Amanda gave her last year and was very proud to show them to her.

Al for now~~c






No comments:

Post a Comment