Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yes Please and Well Done

I am jet lagged, sleep deprived, happy to be home, but so happy to have gone on this trip.  " A journey is best measured not in miles, but in the friends we make".  I think anyone from our group would say the same thing I am going to say here, that we met and made such good friends in Uganda, that we worked as hard as we ever have, but also that we were rewarded each day with such warmth and appreciation from the locals in Kampala, the staff at Uganda, the patients and everyone we met, that we would like to do more.   Passing by Mildmay staff during the day I often would receive a "Well Done".  Even some of us walking to the local gas station in our scrubs at the end of the day to pick up "refreshments",  we would get more  "Well Done"s.   It was so nice and so unexpected.   It was indeed hard to say good bye to such good friends we made in Uganda.  

So I say here,  "Yes  Please",  "Well Done",  "You're Welcome"  and "Happy New Year".   And I add some more pictures.    












~  All for Now ~~ C

No comments:

Post a Comment