Friday, January 7, 2011

A little background....


Hi Everyone,
It's less than 4 days until I go to Uganda with a group of Dentists and Assistants. We will be going to Mildmay Clinic in Kampala, Uganda. The group that I am going with will be seeing children who need dental checkups and work. Many of the kids do have HIV. For some of the kids this may be the only time they ever see a dentist in their lives. In past years they have seen 500 to 600 kids during the trip. That's an amazing number for seven dentists and assistants. My job will be to help register kids and help before and after clinic as well.

Uganda is in East Africa- you can see Kampala on the map here.

Pretty much everyone who knows me, by now knows of this trip I am going on. In fact my I have been managing to drop into just about every conversation with almost anyone lately the fact that I am going on this trip. The people at the gas station, the grocery store, Target- you name it, if they as much as ask me if I found everything OK, I am liable to say, "why yes I did, I am picking up this and that to bring over to Africa with me".
I have been bordering on excitement and panic for weeks now. This journey for me started a number of years ago when my niece Julie went on her first trip with this group to Uganda. Julie will be going on her fourth trip with this group, and I finally get to join her. Please check back here often as I hope to post pictures and comments throughout my trip. Thanks for your support and interest!!

2 comments:

  1. are you there yet...barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's it going Colleen? Can't wait to hear..... Diane

    ReplyDelete